- Burbank HS
- Principal's All Call Announcements
Principal's All Call Announcements
May 21, 2020
Posted by Lizzie Windler on 5/21/2020
Good Evening Bulldogs,
This is Dr. Crowther with this evening's update.
A thank you to those households who took the time to participate in the “Last Lap Around BHS” earlier today either by participating in the book drop, decorating the perimeter of campus, or both. A special thank you to faculty and staff who were there lending a hand and showering our Seniors with love.
A reminder, make-up book return dates for Seniors are 5/26 and 5/27 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This must be done before a diploma is issued.
Please note that details on locker clean out and underclassmen book return will be on our website below “Senior Week” information before the holiday weekend.
Speaking of Seniors, we are less than 24 hours from making history, the school's first ever virtual graduation. We've poured everything into this effort over the last month, and we believe you will be happy with the ceremony.
HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTED VIEWING DETAILS & TIPS TO MAKE THE NIGHT MEMORABLE:
- Tomorrow, we will release several ways folks can view our virtual graduation. Our preferred method for households to view the ceremony is through the BHS TV YouTube Channel This link will be available by 5:30 p.m., and the link will go live at 6:00 p.m. It will post on our school website, www.burbankhighschool.com.
- The BHS TV YouTube Channel will be set on the same “premiere” setting as our awards shows were earlier this week. This means that all viewers will watch together in real time and be able to communicate in the chat window.
- We will also provide BHS families a “Vimeo” link as a back-up for the BHS TV link, and as a resource to download the ceremony after it has debuted.
- We did not forget about relatives who may be less comfortable with technology. Our graduation will also stream on the City of Burbank webpage as well as the local Public Access television channels – Channel 6 for Spectrum subscribers and Channel 99 for AT&T UVerse subscribers. It will run periodically through the summer months.
- Speaking of relatives, we encourage you to share links to the ceremony with extended family and friends. Consider a Zoom Party to bring folks who are distant closer.
- We ask you to share your viewing party photos and videos with us! On Facebook, be sure to tag us (Official Burbank High School) and on Instagram @burbankbulldog. You can also share with me, Dr. C., on Twitter @BHSBUSD. On all social media, spread the hashtag, #BHSGrads2020. This graduation program is going to be part of BHS history Capturing authentic moments from those “in attendance” will become a nice postscript for BHS in the future.
- Our ceremony is timed to end around the 2 hour and 20-minute mark in honor of the amazing Class of 2020. At 8:20 p.m., we want the entire BHS community to step outside and make some noise for our graduates. We will be loud and proud for at least 20 seconds, let them hear you!
- At 8:20 we will also turn the stadium lights on at the Kemp-Kallem Field for 20 minutes to honor our graduates.
- The ceremony includes performances by Seniors in our band, choir, dance and drama programs. It also features a slide show from our yearbook staff, student speeches and surprise guests.
- Finally, many Seniors submitted eight second “statement” videos. All are special in their own way and worth the time to see through until the end. Just before the credits Seniors get one more glimpse at many of our faculty and staff.
Thank you BHS families for an amazing year. In case you’ve lost count, today was the last day of school.
Peace & Love,