Welcome to the John Muir Middle School Library
The mission of our library is to promote and support the educational goals of the school. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment where all students can thrive and see themselves reflected in the books and resources around them no matter of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background or ability.
One of the very best things about a school library is that it is specialized; everything in the library is here with our students in mind and every student in the school has access to it. Some of the goals of the library are:
- Supply books and resources students need to complete projects and homework. Prepare students to be lifelong learners.
- Encourage students to be enthusiastic and detailed readers, critical thinkers, and good communicators.
- Create a culture of reading for both pleasure and information.
- Teach global awareness by offering books and programs that represent communities from all over the world.
- Provide a welcoming space for students.
We actively partner with the Burbank Public Libraries in support of their youth programs, author events, BConnecED program, and summer reading program.
Our library hours are:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:30-3:30
(Library hours may change due to events taking place in the library)
Students are welcomed before school, nutrition, lunch, after school and during class time with a pass from their teacher.
Our library may be closed due to meetings or events.
Closures will be posted on library doors.
Our library collection continues to grow and expand. We strive to add new books that reflect our mission statement. Donations are always welcomed but, please email for the donation guidelines before dropping off any books.
I look forward to working with your students!