After School Program
John Muir Middle School provides multiple opportunities for students to integrate into their school community and receive free academic assistance with their homework as needed.
- This is a free, voluntary support program for students seeking assistance with homework.
- Mondays and Wednesdays in the Cafeteria from 3:00-4:00pm.
Boys and Girls Club
- $85.00 registration fee and $85 per month
- Held in gym from 3-6 PM
- Students are asked to sign in and out voluntarily
- Parents are responsible for the prompt pickup or transportation of students when the gym closes at 6 PM, as there is no adult supervision on or near campus.
- Activities include basketball, board games, homework assistance, etc.
- Supervised by Boys and Girls Club staff members.
- Website: Burbank Boys and Girls Club
- The John Muir Middle School Library is open approximately 3 weeks after the beginning of school.
- Hours of operation are before school from 7:30-8 AM, Nutrition, Lunch, and one-half hour after school. All students need their school ID cards to check out books.
- We also work with the Burbank Public Library to promote their free programs.