7 Online Class Tips
With the recent mass migration of classes to online formats, many students are wondering how they can make the most of their new online class experience.
If it is your first-time completing coursework online, it could be a little challenging. While online classes can offer greater flexibility and help students complete degree requirements when in-person options just are not possible, students will need to adopt new strategies to make the most of their online class experience.
Click on the link to get more information. https://www.salliemae.com/blog/tips-for-taking-classes-online/?dtd_cell=SMSCGESCSOSOOTOTOTHOTHRN010022
Mrs. Shannon Marando- College and Career Center Technician
818-729-5100 Ext. 54901
Information related to college and the processes by which to apply can all be found here.
Information and resources related to career exploration will also be here.
Click the links to the left to navigate.
Financial Aid: https://youtu.be/gUis5lityCQ
LAVC is here to help.
Here are a variety of ways that students and families can connect with our office and services.
1. Our office can work with your students through our virtual help desk at lavc.edu/outreach. The virtual help desk allows students to ask general or specific questions in a one-on-one online environment.
2. We are offering general Outreach presentations for students and parents. The sessions are on zoom and occur every Wednesday at 10:00am and 5:30pm. The links for the sessions are available at lavc.edu/outreach or by clicking on the time above.
3. If students or families would like to request individual assistance through zoom, telephone or email, they can fill out the digital contact card and the Outreach/ Welcome Center staff will get back to them within 24 hours (weekdays) and 48 hours (weekends).
4. Students and families can also request help by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5. We can also work with you to schedule a session specifically for your students.
The LA College Promise
LAVC will host a Promise YouTube Live session for the students and families of Burbank High School. This session is a perfect time for students, parents/guardians, and families to learn about the Promise. Frances Chmielewska will coordinate with you and LAVC's President, Dr. Barry Gribbon's, to schedule this meeting for your students and families.
We have started the process of helping your students join the Promise. Students will complete an online transition activity through Canvas; our learning management platform. Once they have completed those steps they will receive a one-on-one appointment with a counselor to develop their first-semester educational plan. Outreach staff will assist them in adding classes as soon as their counseling appointment is complete. These sessions will take place in Cranium Café; our online counseling software, but alternate formats can be offered if students cannot access that platform. Outreach staff members are available to help the students through the entire process.