Mrs. Aslanian - College and Career Center Technician
818-558-4700 Ext. 54901
Information related to college and the processes by which to apply can all be found here.
Information and resources related to career exploration will also be here.
Click the links to the left to navigate.
Financial Aid: https://youtu.be/gUis5lityCQ
What is Reach?
Since 2005, Warner Bros. Entertainment has awarded internship- scholarship packages, known as Honorships, to graduating high school seniors passionate about the business of entertainment. There are up to five new Honorships awarded each year.
• Full-time, paid summer internships at the company each summer while in college
• A $5,000 college scholarship, distributed evenly over four years
• Mentoring and networking opportunities with entertainment industry professionals
There are three kinds of Honorships available:
• Warner Bros. Burbank Honorships awarded to up to three Burbank seniors
• Warner Bros. Los Angeles County Honorships awarded to up to three L.A. County seniors
• Warner Bros. Animation/ Hanna-Barbera Honorship awarded to one senior attending high school in the United States and enrolling in a four-year college or university to study animation
Who are we looking for?
The Reach Program is focused on developing students for careers in the entertainment business.
We are looking for outstanding students who are passionate about the business of entertainment or animation and are excited for the chance to work for the global leader in content creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment.
To be eligible, students must:
• Be a graduating high school senior in Burbank or Los Angeles County. Animation applicants must be a high school senior in the United States.
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 upon graduation
• Plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university
• Be passionate about a career in the business of entertainment or animation
• Have effective verbal and written communication skills
What happens after Reach?
Successful Reach graduates are eligible for full-time positions at Warner Bros. after completing their degrees. Often, the positions that are the most readily available for Reach candidates are in areas such as publicity, marketing, communications and animation. These roles are key to Warner Bros.’ ongoing success and open the door to growth.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE Monday, February 24, 2020
For more information and to apply online, visit
https://www.warnerbroscareers.com/reach-honorship-program or email email@example.com
The Children’s Hospital Samuels Family LA HIP Program
The Children’s Hospital Samuels Family LA HIP program is currently accepting applications for their 2019 summer program.
LA-HIP is a comprehensive yearlong internship program that combines biomedical research with college readiness workshops, academic enhancement and SAT preparatory curriculum. Students perform cutting-edge biomedical research experiments under the mentorship of scientists at the Saban Research Institute of Children’s Hospital during the summer before their senior year. LA-HIP also provides interns with college level didactic instructions in biology, SAT prep classes, academic enhancement and writing workshops; students also participate in college and financial aid workshops to assist in the college application process.
Applications will be accepted through February 3, 2020. Interested students must be Latino or African American, currently HS junior and must have a social security number. Interested students are encouraged to visit: