Though our school remains physically closed, we want to continue to welcome new BUSD students through virtual enrollment.
Parents will be completing the enrollment process online. Please visit the Aeries Online Enrollment page to complete your child's enrollment. When you complete the enrollment, please save the enrollment document (usually 3-4 pages long) as a PDF.
Once you have completed your online enrollment, please gather the following documents:
- Child’s original Certified Birth Certificate.
- Current utility bill (Burbank Water and Power, Gas or Landline Telephone). If the utilities are under someone other than a parent/guardian name, you will need to provide a signed letter from that person stating that parent and your student reside at their address. A copy of their photo id must also be provided. Parent must provide one proof of residency (mail with Parent name on it) within 45 days such as payroll check, bank statement, credit card bill, car registration, insurance statement or cell phone bill.
- Child’s immunization records.
- Photo ID of parent/guardian.
Please scan or take a photo of each of these documents and email them to email@example.com.
Please note: Students entering Kindergarten must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2020. TK Students must turn 5 between September 2 and December 2, 2020.
If you cannot submit your documents through email, you may mail them through the USPS. (The postmark will establish your time stamp.)
Immunizations Required for School Entry
- DTP/DTaP/Dt/TD: 5 doses, but 4 doses meets requirement for ages 4-6 if at least one was on or after the 4th birthday.
- Polio: 4 doses, but 3 doses are enough for ages 4-6 if at least one was given after the 4th birthday.
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- MMR: 2 doses
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): 2 doses or licensed physician documented varicella disease or immunity.
For more information regarding immunizations, please visit: Shots for School
VACCINATION NOTIFICATION DURING VIRTUAL ENROLLMENT
Even with current school closures, immunization requirements for admission to schools in California for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school year remain in place.
Understanding that the COVID-19 pandemic may require physicians to reschedule appointments, please contact your child’s pediatrician to schedule an appointment for your child to receive their required immunizations with ample time before schools re-opening. Your child will need to be current on all required immunization before they may physically attend school.
Please email immunizations to the School Nurse at your child’s school site or to me so that your child’s immunizations can be updated. Please email the school nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to enroll your child immediately and your immunizations are not up to date due to Covid-19.
We look forward to having your child in our schools.
If you have questions or concerns please email me at email@example.com.
Lenora Aguilera, RN
For additional enrollment information, please visit the enrollment page of our district website.