Internet Safety Talking Points for Students
- The internet has things posted on it that are not true. Don’t believe everything you see or read.
- Talk with your parents/teachers/principal if there is something from the internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never give out personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number without my parents’ permission.
- Never post pictures of yourself or others online and do not post any pictures that your parents consider to be inappropriate.
- Never respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make you feel uncomfortable.
- Never give out your passwords to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.
- Never download or install software or doing anything that could possibly hurt the computer or mobile device or jeopardize your family’s privacy.
- If students brings up the fictional character, “MoMo,” please let them know that this is something made-up to try to scare children. It is not true and students should let parents know if this is something that they have seen online.