English Learners Advisory Committee
All parents of English learners are welcome to participate in their school site (ELAC) and District level English Language Advisory Councils (DELAC). These groups provide valuable input for ongoing program improvement. They additionally receive information about curriculum, instruction, program evaluation, and budget. The Disney ELAC reviews, contribute to, and approves the Single Plan for Student Achievement and provides valuable feedback on how certain monies are spent. The committee consists of all parents of English Learners, the principal (Ms. Harris), the ELD Specialist (Mrs. Jackson), and the ELD Instructional Assistants.
This year, ELAC will meet virtually. We will cover topics of discussion that are of interest to you and increase your students' achievement. Your participation is critical for their success.
The ELAC Meetings will be held on the following days:
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 9am
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 9am
The information we provide parents is steered by parent requests and needs. Meeting topics may include assistance in using district websites, distance learning, parent conference tips, middle school information from a middle school counselor, a presentation from the Burbank Adult School director, a presentation from a Burbank Public Librarian, and many more!
We look forward to seeing you at one of our ELAC meetings!
- Advise the principal and school staff on programs and services for English Language Learners
- Advise the School Site Council on the development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement
Why Participate in ELAC?
- To receive information about programs
- To become aware of student academic progress
- To get involved in your child’s education
- Influence the education of their children in a positive way
- All research shows that when parents are involved in a positive way, students experience success.
ELAC shall include the following officers:
- Chairperson: to organize, convene, and lead meetings of the council; attends DELAC and SSC meetings
- Vice-Chairperson: to serve in the absence of the chairperson
- Secretary: to record events and actions taken at council meetings
If you have any questions about ELAC or the ELD Program at Disney, please contact Kirsten Jackson, the ELD Specialist, at Kirsten Jackson