On the Shelf
As Dolores Huerta's library coordinator I will be updating this site daily with our library info and also I'll be sharing websites and information pertaining to all things library!. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at Lisa Dyson
Google Library Site
Dolores Huerta's Google Library Site is up and active! Your students can access it at any time and if you happen to have a BUSD email address it will work for you too. Just click on the link and have fun exploring our virtual shelves. Here’s the link: https://sites.google.com/burbankusd.org/book-bytes-site/home
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR! It’s BACK – One more chance to support our school’s library by purchasing books from our Scholastic Book Fair! Get a head start on summer reading for fun by browsing all their catalog offerings. Be sure to check the box that allows delivery to your home and you’re all set! Here’s the link to our BOOK FAIR that begins on Monday May 10th and ends May 23rd ! – Choose some fun, relaxing reads for a well-deserved break and you’ll be helping add books to our library/classroom collections at the same time! And as always, thank you for all your support - https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=doloreshuertams2&fbclid=IwAR3A14EbC2BhT4AjMM8IMftzoOewbM7NrQ09nAoyw6vkAh3575I3jOu4oQw
It is the mission of the Dolores Huerta Library that:
- All students leave Huerta MS with the knowledge to be independent life-long learners who are not only ethical, literate users of information, but who are also literate producers of information in order to be successful, productive citizens of the 21st century.
- All students will be able to determine their informational needs, recognize relevant information, solve problems, and effectively communicate the results of their research.
- All students develop the life-long habit of leisure as well as informational reading.
To that end, everything in our library is there with our students in mind and every student has access to our library.
HOURS: The library is usually open every day from 7:30 until 3:45, with the exception of Tuesdays when it is closed after school for staff meetings.
Students are always welcome to come in on their own before school, during nutrition and/or lunch, and after school. Our library is a comfortable environment where students may study, do research and homework, read, or play board games or with Legos.
All we expect is that students follow the Library Rules of Conduct listed below.
- Regular classroom rules apply in the library.
- Absolutely NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED - Students are to eat before they enter the library.
- Please leave backpacks in the designated area.
- Please respect each other and each other's property at all times.
- Please leave your work area clean.
- Computers are to be used for research and homework only.
- Students use their current school ID card to check out library books and will be indebted for books that are not returned or are damaged.
- If you cannot follow these rules, you will be separated from friends or asked to leave the library.