Our volunteers provide assistance to teachers and students in the classroom and thereby help to individualize our instructional program. Your valuable contributions of time are a great benefit to the students. If you would like to volunteer, let your child’s teacher know you are interested at “Back to School Night.” Parents may participate by:
- Volunteering in your child’s classroom
- Volunteering in the library
- Attending and helping out at school/PTA events such as the Carnival, Art Day, Jefferson Jams, and other school activities.
- Going on class Field Trips
- Donating supplies, equipment, or other items
- Providing language translations for PTA written materials or verbal translations at school functions
- Editing and disseminating Parent Newsletters
- Assembling flyer packets for distribution
Parents who volunteer in their child’s classroom must adhere to the following rules to ensure the educational welfare of the entire student community and with the intent to preserve the instructional time of the Jefferson Elementary students.
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST FILL OUT THE ONLINE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION AND UPLOAD PROOF OF A CURRENT T.B. TEST AND A COPY OF THEIR DRIVER’S LICENSE. (for online applicaiton, click on the ONLINE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION tab)
- All volunteers must SIGN-IN and SIGN-OUT at the office and wear VOLUNTEER BADGES while on campus.
- Parents may NOT bring other children into the classrooms during instructional time.
- Parent volunteers may NOT bring siblings of Jefferson students onto the campus or when they accompany the class for off-campus instructional activities.
A parent who is not volunteering may bring their other children on campus under the following circumstances only:
- During pick up and drop off time, or if they have a scheduled meeting with the teacher before or after school. Siblings should not remain in the classroom during instruction.
- For Valentine’s Day celebration, performances, Family Nights, Open House, or other events otherwise deemed non-instructional. This may also include lunchtime parent meetings. If parents bring siblings to these events they are fully responsible for the supervision and liability of their children.
- Older siblings in middle or high school may serve as mentors, facilitators, or otherwise contribute to the instructional time of the Jefferson students. Students who volunteer here in this capacity must be cleared in advance by the teacher and be approved by the principal. They must sign in and out at the office as a volunteer.