The JBHS Attendance Desk can help students and families report absences, excuse absences, and obtain off-schedules to leave campus early.
Families can communicate with the Attendance Technicians in the following ways for FULL-DAY ABSENCES:
(Information on arriving late or leaving early are in the grey boxes either to the right or at the bottom of this page)
- Hand-written note from parent/guardian/caregiver delivered to the attendance desk
- Phone call to the attendance desk
- Ms. Jennifer Harris, Sr. Attendance Technician x 61933 (Last Names: M-Z)
- Ms. Erika Barragan, Attendance Technician x 61931 (Last Names: A-L)
- Email JBHSATTENDANCE@BURBANKUSD.ORG
- An option to report a full-day absence is available through the JBHS App.
Burbank Unified School District urges parents/guardians/caregivers to make sure their students attend school regularly and on time to remain compliant with state and county laws. Families can help their students in the following ways:
- Encourage your student to attend class regularly and promptly
- Review your student’s attendance and tardy information in Aeries
- Schedule medical and other appointments after school and on holidays
- Avoid scheduling vacations and travel while school is in session
Absences from school may be excused or unexcused. Absences are typically excused for the following reasons:
- Medical, dental, orthodontic, or optometry appointment
- Mental health
- Court appointment
- College or employment appointment
- DMV appointment
- Religious holiday, ceremony, instruction, or retreat
For a comprehensive list of excused absences, please see the Burbank Unified School District’s Annual Notification to Parents: https://www.burbankusd.org/Page/1332
For an excused absence, a parent/guardian/caregiver must notify the JBHS attendance desk within three (3) days if a student misses school due to absence.