The John Burroughs High School College/Career Center is open daily between
7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday thru Friday, August through May.
The College/Career Center Staff is available to serve the students of John Burroughs High School as well as the Burbank Community.
Phone: (818) 729-6900 Ext.64901
Fax: (818) 846-0624
Mariela Campos, Career Center Technician - Ext. 64901Kathy DiNapoli, Career Tech. Ed. Technician - Ext. 64902Diana Dysthe, Career Tech. Ed. Counselor - Ext. 64903For more information on our Career Technical Education program, visit the district website at www.burbankusd.org/CTE.
- Earn both high school and college credits.
- Choose from a variety of classes, including: Armenian, Animation, Speech, and Child Development.
Download our Monthly NewsletterAugust 2019 Newsletter
Tips for Applying for Scholarships
- Read the eligibility requirements carefully, along with the deadline dates.
- Get a brag sheet from the College/Career Center, fill it out and give it to teachers, a counselor, or anyone whom may be writing a letter of recommendation for you. The earlier you get started, the better. Most scholarships require two or three letters of recommendation.
- Organize your applications, your parent’s financial information, your test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and anything else that is requested.
- Follow instructions to the letter, and make sure that your application is legible.
Proofread your application, or have someone do it for you, and also make a copy of your application for your records.