Hello Stevenson families, please continue to support your child's online attendance by following these steps:
1. Check your child's attendance on a weekly basis in the Aeries portal https://burbankusd.asp.aeries.net/Student/LoginParent.aspx?page=default.aspx
2. Email email@example.com if you forgot to fill out the google attendance form, include the date(s).
Students whose attendance reflects chronic absences may be called in for an attendance meeting with BUSD personnel.
Attendance is crucial to your child's academic success, especially during distance learning. Stevenson is committed to supporting all families during this challenging time. Please reach out to your child's teacher or Anne Askerneese (Intervention Specialist), firstname.lastname@example.org, if your child needs support.
Aeries attendance codes
E Engaged in Distance Learning
D Not engaged in Distance Learning
F Friday not engaged in Distance Learning
J Not engaged in Asynchronous (online) learning, but did attend synchronous.
How to fill out the google attendance form
1. Log in to your child's BUSD account (attendance data will not be recorded if you are logged into another google account)
2. Locate the google attendance form in your child's google classroom
3. Fill out the information required on the form
4. Click submit
- Failure to fill out this form DAILY will result in your child being "absent" from asynchronous learning.
- The form only needs to be filled out 1 time per day, before 11:59 PM
- You can view your child's current attendance by logging in to the Aeries Parent Portal . If you have any questions or concerns about your child's attendance please email your child's teacher.
- Questions about attendance policies and procedures? Email email@example.com
Currently all BUSD schools are conducting distance learning. Although students are not physically attending class, State requirement is to take daily attendance in both the in-class and at-home portions of instruction.
- Synchronous attendance is taken during live meetings.
- Asynchronous attendance is taken when students fill out the google attendance form located in their google classroom. The google form must be filled out before 11:59pm Monday through Friday.
To report an absence please email your child's teacher within 3 days of the absence with the following information:
- Name of Student
- Date(s) of absence
- Reason for absence
- Follow the above instructions for notifying your child's
- If your child goes to the doctor, urgent care or hospital obtain a
- Scan or take a picture and email the note to your child's
If communication is not received within 3 days of the absence OR the absence is not considered excusable under Education Codes 46014 and 48205 then they will be automatically unexcused. Please refer to the Burbank Unified School District Annual Notification to Parents/Guardians online for explanation of excusable absences.
Students are expected to attend school on time. We understand technical issues will occasionally delay some students "arriving" to their live synchronous instruction. Please reach out to your IT administrator, teacher and/or office staff if your child needs technical support.
For further information go to https://www.burbankusd.org/reopeningfaqs