If your student is absent from school please notify us as soon as possible.
1. Submit the absence via Google Form https://forms.gle/HaF8EnEjJrFX38j68
2. Call the front office
You only need to use ONE of these methods to notify us of your child's absence.
** Please note that reporting an absence does not automatically make it an excused absence **
According to the California Education Code, students may be excused from school when the absence is due to:
- COVID testing
- Medical, dental, optometric or chiropractic services
- Attending the funeral of an immediate family member e.g., mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, or any relative living in the immediate household of the student (one day within the state, three days outside the state)
- Jury duty
- Religious Holiday or ceremony
- Illness or medical treatment of a child of whom the student is the custodial parent
Any absence for any reason other than those stated above will be marked unexcused.
We also want to remind you as you make summer plans, that vacations or visits to other states and countries during the school year are not excused. Please review the school calendar before making travel plans during the school year.