WILLIAMS UNIFORM COMPLAINT RIGHTS
Notice to Parents, Guardians, Pupils, Teachers, and Classified Staff
Education Code 35186 requires that the following notice be posted in each classroom:
- There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. For there to be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials, each pupil, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional material, or both, to use in class and to take home.
- School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair.
- There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments. There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential to teach the class, including the certification required to teach English learners, if present.
Misassignment means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold.
Teacher vacancy means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.
- Pupils, including English learners, who have not passed one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of grade 12 are to be provided the opportunity to receive intensive instruction and services for up to two consecutive academic years after the completion of grade 12.
- Pupils are prohibited from being required to pay a fee for participation in an educational activity offered by a school or District that constitutes an integral fundamental part of elementary and secondary education, including, but not limited to, extracurricular and cocurricular activities.
- To file a complaint regarding the above matters, a complaint form may be obtained, at no charge, at the school office, District office or downloaded from the District’s Website at GAMUT. You may also download a copy of the complaint form from the California Department of Education Website at http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/cp/uc/. The complaint shall be submitted to the site principal or designee.
The Burbank Unified School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education. District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Williams Complaint Procedure
- Compliance with Federal and State Laws - FORM A
- Compliance with Williams Legislation - FORM B
- Compliance regarding Instructional Materials - FORM C
- Procedure [PDF]
Office Of Civil RightsMichael Loez, Regional ManagerOffice for Civil RightsU.S. Department of Health and Human Services90 7th Street, Suite 4-100San Francisco, CA 94103Customer Response Center: (800) 368-1019Fax: (202) 619-3818TDD: (800) 537-7697Email: firstname.lastname@example.org