Please review these updated COVID 19 options for meeting NAFTrack Certification Internship Requirement.
To increase NAFTrack Certification opportunities for students during this challenging time, NAF will offer flexible options for students in the graduating classes of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024 to complete the NAFTrack internship requirements between April 2020 and August 2023. During this time period, it remains important for students to participate in experiences that can boost their resumes and build college and career-ready skills. As such, students will receive credit for the internship component of NAFTrack Certification if the experience meets one of the following minimum requirements. NOTE: Class of 2024 must complete their internship hours by the end of August 2023 in order to fall under these exceptions. Internships completed AFTER August 2023 will revert to the original requirements of 120 paid internship hours.
- 1-to-1 in-person Internship
- Group-Based in-person Internship
- Virtual Internship (1-to-1 or group-based)
- Clinical Experience
NAF has approved the following options to temporarily meet the NAFTrack internship requirement.
Alternative Experience Options: Skill-Building Activities and Projects (temporary alternative)
- Volunteer experience for a non-profit (not the same as your BUSD service hours!)
- CTSO/SkillsUSA or Business Focused Project with business partner(s) assisting as project mentor/supervisor
All experiences must meet the following requirements:
- 80+ hours (or two 40-hour experiences)
- Paid, compensated, or volunteer/unpaid
- Direct supervision by an accountable adult who is not the student’s teacher or parent/relative
- Completion of the NAFTrack Internship Assessment by the student’s mentor/supervisor (not teacher, parent, or guardian) at the end of the internship