Free Resources for Reading, Learning, and Fun at Home
♦ ACCESS TO BOOKS -- Even while libraries and book stores have to be closed:
- eLibrary from Burbank Public Library - Free access to eBooks and audiobooks, along with movies, TV shows, music, magazines, puzzles, games, and more! Use a computer or a mobile device. If you don't already have a BPL library card, you can apply online for an eCard even while the library's branch locations are closed to the public.
- Open eBooks - All Miller students have been issued codes to access the free Open eBooks app for iOS and Android devices. If you've lost your code, contact your teacher or Ms. Natice.
- Audible is currently offering free audiobook streaming for students to enjoy while schools are closed due to the coronavirus. The collection spans a variety of ages, with titles in 8 languages, free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
♦ Click here to explore Ms. Natice's Padlet of free online resources for reading, fun, and learning while you're not at school. Includes:
- readalouds by authors and celebrities,
- making art with our favorite book illustrators,
- creative writing tips and prompts from bestselling authors,
- science/technology/enginerring/math (STEM) info and home projects,
- museums/history/travel with virtual field trips,
- and more!
♦ Click the button at the left to explore a Padlet of fun resources recommended by Ms. Archana in our Computer Lab. Includes:
- Sites where students can continue to use their district logins: Benchmark, i-Ready, Think Central Math, Khan Academy, BrainPop/BrainPop Jr.
- Resources to learn coding.
- Games to build typing skills.
- Other educational games and resources.
Stay safe, stay connected, and stay curious!