- Effective July 1, 2019, all classified openings will be posted on EDJOIN.
- Substitute Openings: All candidates may apply for these positions. Please fill out the Application Form and return to Human Resources.
- Job Descriptions: List of all job descriptions by families.
- Application Form for New Candidates: Fill out this application if you are seeking employment as a Classified Employee. Applications are only accepted for Open Positions. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of Classified Employment Application.
- Application Form for Current BUSD Employees: This application is only for those current BUSD employees who seek to apply for an open position.
- Testing: Testing procedures for classified positions.
- Instructional Assistant Testing: Click this link for a study guide. This study guide may not be representative of the questions you will see on our test but may help you prepare
- Substitute Information: Instructions on how to apply for classified substitute positions.
Classified applications are only accepted when we have specific openings.
Employment offers are conditional based upon reference checks and successful completion of a medical examination, a mantoux skin test, and fingerprint clearance.
Classified employees of Burbank Unified School District enjoy many benefits including paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, access to health, dental, vision, and life insurance, and membership in the Public Employees’ Retirement System for those employees who are assigned to work 20 hours per week or more.
Classified School Employee Summer Assistance Program
The Burbank Unified School District (BUSD) has committed to participate in the Classified School Employee Summer Assistance Prom (CSESAP) for classified employees in the 2019-2020 school year. Please see below for a worksheet designed to help you determine if you are eligible and to understand the basic rules of participation, the "Employee Election Form" that must be completed by the employee and returned to Human Resources no later than March 1st, 2019 and a link to a FAQ sheet provided by the California Department of Education.
If you have questions regarding this process, please contact the appropriate department. For payroll, and deductions, contact Tiffany Maxwell or Kim O'Barr in Payroll at (818) 729-4480. For general questions about the process, timelines, and salary qualifications, contact Leticia Castillo, Debbie Melaragno, or Terri Ramirez-Adams in Human Resources at (818) 729-4409.