In partnership with families and our community, Emerson provides a safe, inclusive, and diverse learning environment. Emerson School focuses on nurturing academically, socially, and emotionally mindful students.
During learning, Emerson students engage, collaborate, discover, reflect, and persevere in a joyful community of learners focused on continuous improvement.
Our School and District Goals for Instruction
- Our teaching starts with planning units around big ideas and essential questions.
- Our teaching is culturally responsive and joyful.
- Our teaching connects to students' interests and activates passions.
- Our teaching supports rich literacy in all content areas.
- From pre-assessment to summative assessment, we use consistent, varied, and ongoing formative assessment to inform instruction and measure student growth.
- In all content areas, we guide all students to construct viable, evidence-based arguments and to critique the reasoning of others.
- In all content areas, we offer students multiple and varied opportunities for collaboration and discourse in order to help them build effective communication skills.