- Burbank Unified School District
- PERMIT INFORMATION
- 2023-2024 ENROLLMENT INFORMATION - Burbank Residents
- INTRA District Permits (Request a different school)- Burbank Residents
- PERMIT INFORMATION
- Health Information and Required Immunizations
- Attendance Boundaries
- Parent Data Confirmation (PDC)
- Annual Notification to Parents
- 504 Plan Information
- Childcare Options
- Student Attendance Information
- Family Resources
- School Resource Officers (SROs)
- PBIS and Trauma-Informed Practices for Students and Staff
- Families & Youth in Transition (Homeless)
- Foster Youth
- Home Hospital Program
- Common Board Policies
- Heat and Air Quality Protocols
- Tobacco, Vaping, Alcohol & Drug Use Resources
- COVID Health and Safety Information
INTER DISTRICT (EMPLOYMENT) PERMITS - NON BURBANK RESIDENTS
NEW APPLICATIONS (INCOMING) FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOOL YEAR
Online applicatoins are no longer being accepted. Please fill out the paper application below and submit your applications with it and the other required information to Student Services.
Please contact Student Services with questions at 818-729-4467 or visit us at 1900 West Olive Avenue, First Floor, Burbank
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING TO BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED:
- Completed Application
- Employment in Burbank: 1) Letter of Employment Verification for Burbank (including 10+ hours and days M-F for a company in Burbank**) 2) Current Pay Stub
- Business Owners: 1) Copy of business license and (2) renewal receipt from the City of Burbank
**Must have a physical location and be employed in Burbank (virtual offices and shared workspace offices are not valid forms of business for permit purposes)
- School Records:
- Most recent report card or transcript (if your application is for a TK or K student, you can upload a blank piece of paper) from the beginning of the current school year
- Daily Attendance Record
- Discipline Record
- The most recent Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable
- High School Only - CIF Sports-related transfer questionnaire
- Current Utility Bill for your home address
- Picture ID (parent)
- Outgoing INTER district Release from your district of residence (Applications can be submitted without the release, BUT you should request it as soon as you apply as your student will not be placed until we receive the release). A release is not the same as a disenrollment. PLEASE DO NOT DISENROLL YOUR STUDENT FROM THEIR CURRENT DISTRICT UNTIL YOUR PERMIT IS APPROVED.
Revocation of Interdistrict Permits - Board Policy AR 5117
A student’s attendance in the District pursuant to an interdistrict permit is deemed a privilege not a right. Permits are subject to cancellation/revocation at any time during the school year based on any of the circumstances listed below:
- Student misconduct, including, but not limited to, a violation of law, school rule(s) or school directives, whether or not such misconduct constitutes a violation of Education Code Section 48900, et seq.
- Failure of the student to maintain a satisfactory record of attendance
- Failure of the student to maintain satisfactory grades
- The school, grade, or program that the student attends becomes impacted as determined by the District.
- Failure to provide appropriate documentation anytime when verification of qualifying condition is being requested
Interdistrict permit(s)remain valid only as long as the interdistrict permit qualifying condition/eligibility at the time of issuance remain in effect and the student maintains satisfactory grades, attendance, and discipline.
A student whose interdistrict permit has been revoked may not re-apply for an interdistrict permit until the following calendar year.
RELEASE FROM BURBANK USD TO ATTEND ANOTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT (BURBANK RESIDENTS)
RELEASE APPLICATIONS (OUTGOING) FROM BUSD
- Letter of Employment Verification for receiving district and a current pay stub OR
- Letter of Acceptance of a Special Program in the receiving district (such as Dual Immersion)
- Current utility bill from Burbank (BWP)
- Picture ID of parent
- Report Card and current IEP (if applicable) from the receiving district if the student is already attending there
You may submit paper application packets via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your completed packet off at Student Services, 1900 W. Olive Avenue, First Floor.
INTER DISTRICT PERMITS - ANNUAL REVIEWS (NON-BURBANK RESIDENTS)
Families will be notified by email of the standing of their students INTER District Permit for the 2023-2024 school year following a final review of their qualifying conditions and compliance with permit terms and conditions.
Please do not take any actions until/unless you receive an annual review letter from Student Services. Once you receive a notification, please complete your submission as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, you may reach us at
General Annual Review Information:
The Burbank Unified School District reserves the right to request an Interdistrict Permit Review at any time. The Interdistrict permit review requires applicants to submit documentation to verify eligibility and fulfillment of the Interdistrict permit terms and conditions for continued enrollment.
Families with students entering the 6th, 9th, or 11th grade for the 2023-2024 school year or otherwise selected to undergo an Interdistrict permit review will receive a separate notification by Email with instructions to submit and complete an Interdistrict Permit Review. You do not need to do anything unless you receive an email requiring you to do so.
Failure to submit and complete an Interdistrict permit review for a required student may delay your student's registration for the 2023-2024 school year and may be grounds for revocation of your Interdistrict permit in the Burbank Unified School District.
You will need to submit the following for your Interdistrict Permit Review:
- Completed Permit Form (check outgoing) ENGLISH SPANISH ARMENIAN
- Current Utility Bill (home address)
- Letter of Employment Verification (verifying 10+ hours and days on company letterhead)
- Current pay stub
OR Business Owners: