Applications to be released from BUSD for the 2024/2025 school year will be accepted starting March 1, 2024.


    • Letter of Employment Verification for receiving district and a current pay stub  OR
    • Letter of Acceptance of a Special Program in the receiving district (such as Dual Immersion)
    • Current utility bill from Burbank (BWP)
    • Picture ID of parent
    • Report Card and current IEP (if applicable) from the receiving district if the student is already attending there

    You may submit paper application packets via email to emmagrigorian@burbankusd.org or drop your completed packet off at Student Services, 1900 W. Olive Avenue, First Floor. If you have questions, please contact Student Services at 818-729-4467.


    Please check the "outgoing" student option in the top left corner of the application. You must also present a picture ID, current utility bill, and evidence of acceptance into another school district program. 

    If you are applying for an updated release (if your student was previously released and is attending another district already), please include a current report card or transcript to show the student's progress and attendance in that district.