NEW APPLICATIONS FOR 2022-23
ANNUAL REVIEWS: While BUSD reserves the right to request a review at any time, Burbank Unified School District requires students entering 6th, 9th, and 11th grades to submit an Interdistrict Permit Review. Please do not take any actions until/unless you receive an annual review letter from Student Services. Once you receive a notification, please complete your submission as soon as possible. Families will be notified by email of the standing of their student's INTER District Permit for the 2022-2023 school year following a final review of their qualifying conditions and compliance with permit terms and conditions.
NEW APPLICATION PACKETS FOR 2022-2023 MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE USE EMAIL OR DROP OFF IN PERSON.
- PAPER APPLICATIONS ENGLISH SPANISH ARMENIAN
You may submit paper application packets through email at email@example.com or drop your complete packet off at the District Office beginning March 7 at 8:00 am
Please contact Student Services with questions regarding the submission of your application packet at 818-729-4467.
Please be aware that in-person appointments will depend on availability and may affect the date and time stamp of your application packet.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING TO BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED:
- Completed Application
- Employment: Letter of Employment Verification for Burbank (including 10+ hours and days M-F for a company in Burbank**)
- Current Pay Stubs
- Business Owners: 1) Copy of business license and renewal receipt from the City of Burbank 2) Tax receipt for the (20xx-20xx) year
**Must have a physical location and be employed in Burbank (virtual offices and shared workspace offices are not valid forms of business for permit purposes)
- School Records:
- Most recent report card or transcript (if your application is for a TK or K student, you can upload a blank piece of paper)
- Attendance Record
- Discipline Record
- The most recent Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable
- High School Only - CIF Sports-related transfer questionnaire
- Current Utility Bill - water and power, gas, or landline telephone bill to verify your home address.
- Picture ID
- Outgoing INTER district Release from your district of residence (Applications can be submitted without the release, BUT you should request it as soon as you apply as your student will not be placed until we receive the release). A release is not the same as a disenrollment. PLEASE DO NOT DISENROLL YOUR STUDENT FROM THEIR CURRENT DISTRICT UNTIL YOUR PERMIT IS APPROVED.