The mission of Purchasing Services is to provide goods and services at the most affordable pricing with needed delivery requirements while adhering to the Burbank Unified School District’s board policies, California Education code regulations, and all other state and federal regulations, laws, rules, policies and procedures. Purchasing Services will:
- Procure equipment, supplies and services consistent with the quality, quantity and delivery requirements of the department or school.
- Obtain the maximum value for the tax dollar in a fair, efficient and equitable process.
- Assist faculty and staff by providing specifications, product information, vendor names and approximate pricing of equipment, supplies and services.
- Promote good working relationships with all faculty and staff by providing training in district purchasing procedures and purchasing software training.
- Identify the purchase of fixed assets and facilitate the tagging and tracking of those assets.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal business practices that develop a loyal vendor community and promote public trust in Burbank Unified School District.