Stevenson Distant Learning
Let’s Go Pirates!
We are about to embark on a new way of learning! Distant Learning is learning online and at home. This is a great opportunity for you to develop valuable new learning skills. Like wearing a new pair of shoes, the more time you spend online and in distant learning, the more comfortable you will become. Here are 8 Top Tips for Student Success in Online School according to Stephanie Becker from Learning Environment, Online
- Create a daily routine schedule. (see attached sample)
- Be positive- “I am learning in a new way and it will help me.”
- Get organized- “I need a space and supplies.”
- Set personal goals- “I will have a list of tasks to complete.”
- Make the most of your resources- “I will ask for help in Google Classroom.”
- Start on track and stay on track- “I will stay focused until I complete this task.”
- Limit your time online- “I will set a timer for breaks with help from my parents or guardian.”
- Learn to deal with setbacks- “If I get stuck, I won’t give up.”
You have adults that will help you through this. Following these steps will help you kick-off a great experience with Distant Learning, help you cope with Safer at Home, and become a 2020 learner!