When is the BHS Grad Nite at the Disneyland Resort?
Grad Nite is set for the 21st of May, 2019 and will run through 2 A.M. on the 22nd of May 2019. The departure time has yet to be set. Once it has been set, a departure time will be announced.
What is the cost?
The cost is $160.00. This purchases a Disney park-hopper ticket and bus transportation to and from the Disneyland Resort.
How do I go about purchasing a ticket for Grad Nite?
You will need to present two properly completed forms to purchase a ticket. The two forms are the “Pupil Field Trip Permission Slip and Medical Authorization” and the “BHS Grad Nite 2019 Conduct Agreement.” To obtain these forms, visit Mr. Mercado in room 1301 during lunch. The deadline for sales is the 6th of March 2019.
To purchase a ticket, you will need to present the two forms, properly completed, at the Finance Office window and make a payment of $160.00. The payment must be made by money order, cashier’s check, or cash. Be sure to keep your receipt as your proof of purchase.
What about refunds?
Disney considers all Grad Nite tickets as non-refundable. This occurs when the school places the order for tickets. Disney requires that we place our order well in advance of the Grad Nite event. In addition, the school makes use of a ticket agent to secure the tickets. The agent also requires a lead time to secure our order. This is the reason all purchases of tickets become non-refundable at the close of business on the 6th of March, 2019.
Can I drive myself to Grad Nite?
No, BHS requires that you ride the bus to and from Grad Nite. You will be assigned to a specific bus for the ride to Grad Nite and the return.
What if I already have a Disneyland Annual Pass, can I use it for Grad Nite?
Annual Passports are not valid for admission to Grad Nite 2019. However, an Annual Pass holder may use the applicable merchandise and food & beverage discounts during Grad Nite.
What will the day look like? What will the schedule, procedures, and itinerary be?
As we approach the date for Grad Nite both procedures and an itinerary will be posted. It will give an outline of the the departure from BHS, the arrival at Disneyland Resort, and re-boarding the buses for the return trip back to BHS.
How should I dress for Grad Nite?
Disney recommends that students dress in comfortable casual attire. Good walking shoes are a must. Since the evenings are cool, a jacket, sweatshirt, or sweater is suggested. Please review Disney’s dress code guidelines which are part of the Pupil Grad Nite Expectations which can be found in the Forms and Doc's on the Grad Nite web page.
What type of bus will we use, and how many people will be on each bus?
Each bus is a regular school bus which will seat up to 50 students. Additionally, each bus will have 2 chaperones and a driver. So, in total, each bus will carry 53 people.
Do I have to return on the bus in which I arrived?
Yes, you must return on the bus in which you arrived. This will insure that we account for all students before departure and that each bus does not exceed its capacity.
How do I charge my phone throughout the day? How do I extend my battery's life?
• Bring a portable battery charger.
• Purchase a portable battery charger at Disneyland Resort. Check the link below for Disney information on purchasing a portable charger and for charging your battery while at Grad Nite.
• To extend your battery's life, if your device is using WiFi, turn off the WiFi once you are on the bus. This drains the battery as it's always looking for WiFi signal.
What does Disney suggest you may need for Grad Nite?
Disney says to pack as light as possible, leaving valuables not needed for Grad Nite at home. If needed, lockers to rent for storage can be found at Disney California Adventure® Park (on Buena Vista Street). What follows is what Disney recommends as a guide for what to bring on Grad Nite:
• Disneyland® Resort Grad Nite event ticket and photo ID.
• A purse, backpack, fanny pack, or other bag smaller than 24” long x 15” wide x 18” high.
• Cell phone, phone charging cables and mobile battery chargers.
• Jacket or sweatshirt for the nighttime hours when the weather may be cooler.
• Protective sun gear (e.g.: sunscreen, hats, sunglasses).
• Money to pay for food and souvenirs throughout the day.
- Keep in mind that an average full meal runs between $15 and $20.
- If you plan to use a debit or credit card, the name on the card must match the your ID card.