BUSD Virtual Enrollment
Even though our schools remain physically closed, we want to continue to welcome new BUSD students to the district through virtual enrollment. Please follow the steps below to virtually enroll your student:
- Complete online enrollment at https://www.burbankusd.org/Page/2640
- Scan and email, mail, or fax the following documents to email@example.com
- Legal proof of Age (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate – temporary)
- Proof of Residency (Utility Bill or “pink sheet” from BWP- temporary)
- Picture ID
- Current report card for elementary or transcript for secondary (entering grades 1-12)
If you cannot scan these documents, please feel free take pictures of them and email those as attachments or mail them through USPS to the school site (the postmark will establish your time stamp).
For additional enrollment information please visit the enrollment page of our district website.
You will need to complete the following steps to enroll your student at Dolores Huerta Middle School
- Make sure you are in the Dolores Huerta "Feeder District" (consult the boundary map on the district website at: www.burbankusd.org/District/1229-schoollocator.html
- IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE DOLORES HUERTA "FEEDER DISTRICT", YOU MUST FIRST GO TO STUDENT SERVICES AND OBTAIN A PERMIT TO ATTEND HERE
- Complete the online enrollment packet (click the blue button at the bottom or our main page)
- Call to schedule an appointment in counseling to complete the process
The following information is needed to enroll your student at Deoores Huerta:
Original birth certificate or passport
Immunization records (if your student is entering 7th grade a TDAP is required)
Current utility bill showing proof of residency (If you live with someone else, they will need to accompany you to register and provide ID & proof of residency)
Transcripts or check out papers from previous school or last report card from previous school
Students will be able to purchase yearbooks, PE clothes, and lock. CASH ONLY – Exact change would be greatly appreciated. You can also purchase these items online at
our webstore : Dolores Huerta Web Store
Yearbook Pre-sale $55.00
PE Shirt – required for PE $7.00
PE Shorts – required for PE $10.00
PE gym bag $5.00
Hall Lock* $8.00
Graduation Gown (8th Grade) $20.00
*If you choose to use a locker, only a school issued lock can be used.
Students also have the option of providing their own PE clothes. If they choose this option, they need to bring a grey shirt and royal blue shorts. The shorts should have at least a 7” inseam and neither the shirt or shorts may have pockets.
Food Service: If you would like to have pre-paid meals, register at ez school pay You will need your student’s 9 digit student number and the Dolores Huerta zip code (91506). The lunch price is $3.00 and the nutrition price is $1.75.
Free & Reduced Lunch - If you did not fill-out the application for Free and Reduced Lunch with your online registration and are eligible please do so. Students who were in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program last year have 45 days to fill-out a new application. Applications are available in the front office of the school. If there are any questions, please contact Food Services at 818-729-4539. For a quicker response, please submit your forms directly to the Food Services Department at the district office located at Olive and Parish.
A NEW APPLICATION FOR FREE & REDUCED LUNCH IS REQUIRED EVERY YEAR. PLEASE FILL OUT AN APPLICATION DURING FALL REGISTRATION TO ENSURE THAT YOUR STUDENT CAN RECEIVE LUNCH UNINTERRUPTED.
For students entering 7th grade you will NOT be able to pick up your schedule unless you have provided the school with proof that your child has received a Tdap booster shot.
School Hours – 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (M, W, Th, & F) 8:00 a.m.– 2:15 p.m. (Tuesdays only)
Dolores Huerta Survival Kit: The following supplies are suggested for each student:
■ 3-ring Binder with Dividers (suggest 3” Binder)
■ Lined Paper, Single Subject Notebook, Composition Notebook
■ Closable pouch with pens, pencils and eraser