Our volunteers provide assistance to teachers and students in the classroom and thereby help to individualize our instructional program. Your valuable contributions of time are a great benefit to the students. If you would like to volunteer, let your child’s teacher know you are interested at “Back to School Night.” Parents may participate by:
- Volunteering in your child’s classroom
- Volunteering in the library
- Attending and helping out at school/PTA events such as Boo Bash, Stevenson Rocks, fundraisers, and other school activities.
- Going on class Field Trips
- Donating supplies, equipment, or other items
- Providing language translations for PTA written materials or verbal translations at school functions
Parents who volunteer in their child’s classroom must adhere to the following rules to ensure the educational welfare of the entire student community and with the intent to preserve the instructional time of the Stevenson Elementary students.
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST FILL OUT VOLUNTEER FORMS AND SUBMIT PROOF OF A CURRENT T.B.TEST AND A COPY OF THEIR DRIVER’S LICENSE.
- All volunteers must SIGN-IN and SIGN-OUT at the office and wear VOLUNTEER BADGES while on campus.
- Parents may NOT bring other children into the classrooms during instructional time, even if they are not volunteering.
- Parent volunteers may NOT bring siblings of Stevenson students onto the campus or when they accompany the class for off-campus instructional activities.