Our school’s ELAC (English Learners Advisory Committee) is an organization that meets at least 5 times a year, in order to provide the parents of our English Language Learners (ELLs) with accurate and current information about how we meet the needs of all of these students in the context of our daily academic programs. The school’s ELD (English Language Development) Specialist has the responsibility of keeping ELD parents informed about the identification, assessment and progress of our English Language Learners. Our ELAC meetings offer parents of English Language Learners the opportunity to discuss aspects of the program as well as share their own thoughts about the learning experience at our school. The school Principal and Curriculum Specialist typically reports to the committee about current events, activities and academic programs at the school, and we also bring in outside speakers and specialists. Parent trainings are also offered during these meetings. Younger children are welcome. Spanish translation is provided.
The following individuals serve on our school’s ELAC Committee:
Kirsten Jackson, ELD Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
All ELAC meetings will be held in the Bret Harte library from 8:30AM - 9:30AM on the following dates:
October 5, 2023
November 16, 2023
January 25, 2024
April 25, 2024
Newcomer Parent Presentation from September 27th, 2023
Thursday, October 12, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Please join us for a very important District ELAC meeting!
We will be reviewing the purpose and responsibilities of ELAC and DELAC.
¡Acompáñenos para una reunión muy importante de ELAC del distrito!
Revisaremos el propósito y las responsabilidades de ELAC y DELAC.
Խնդրում եմ ներկա գտնվել շատ կարևոր շրջանային ELAC ժողովին:
Մենք կվերանայենք ELAC և DELAC ժողովների նպատակն ու պարտականությունները
The information we provide parents is steered by parent requests and needs. Meeting topics may include assistance in using district websites, distance learning, parent conference tips, middle school information from a middle school counselor, a presentation from the Burbank Adult School director, a presentation from a Burbank Public Librarian, and many more!
We look forward to seeing you at one of our ELAC meetings!
- Advise the principal and school staff on programs and services for English Language Learners
- Advise the School Site Council on the development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement
Why Participate in ELAC?
- To receive information about programs
- To become aware of student academic progress
- To get involved in your child’s education
- Influence the education of their children in a positive way
- All research shows that when parents are involved in a positive way, students experience success.
ELAC shall include the following officers:
- Chairperson: to organize, convene, and lead meetings of the council; attends DELAC and SSC meetings
- Vice-Chairperson: to serve in the absence of the chairperson
- Secretary: to record events and actions taken at council meetings