To our incoming John Muir Middle School families, John Muir Middle School is inviting our incoming 6th grade families to a second scheduled Q & A session. If you already have questions, please submit them via this link: https://forms.gle/b4CCedE4DWCZmWKy6
THE SCHEDULED ZOOM MEETING WILL BE THURSDAY, MARCH 11TH! SAVE THE DATE, SAVE THE TIME.
TOPIC: INCOMING 6TH GRADERS Q AND A
WHEN: THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2021
TIME: 6:00 P.M.
ZOOM MEETING LINK WILL BE SENT THE DAY BEFORE! SAVE THE DATE AND TIME!
Steps to check student BUSD email (check daily):
- Go to www.office.com
- Click "sign in"
- Enter student’s BUSD email address and password (same login as their Google account)
- Click on the Outlook icon
Join our PTSA. Membership + Advocacy = Success Please join our PTSA and be a part of the advocacy force for our children. The JOHN MUIR PTSA will work hard to bring together our families in this time of social distancing. Please check out the link to join https://jointotem.com/ca/burbank/john-muir-middle-school-ptsa
Codes for Counselors’ Google Classrooms and WEB Leader Classroom are being updated daily.
Teacher Code Mrs. Duran - 6th Grade 6stc2h6 Mrs. Duran - 8th Grade A-L pozbs3a Mr. Starleaf 2hm67kq Mrs. Huizar umvw7gb Mrs. Maddigan 6ivjwzo WEB Leader 2020-2021 xgq555j
The Burbank Unified School District officially denounces racism as the product of white default/ supremacy culture and recognizes the impact of systemic and generational racism as traumatic to our country, community, and school district. In light of continuing racial violence, including the killings of Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Andres Guardado, Dijon Kizzee, and many others, we also recognize that Black people in this country have had a unique and traumatic history in terms of racial relations, equality, and equity. We stand with the truthful and humane statement that all lives cannot matter until Black lives and the lives of indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) matter. We are taking steps to actively work towards being fully anti-racist, not only in word, but also in policy, practice, and accountability. Change is rarely easy, but with the support and cooperation of the entire Burbank school community we know that we will reflect a district that is truly unified.
Welcome to Incoming 6th Graders
Welcome to John Muir Middle School
We here at John Muir Middle School are so excited to welcome you to our family. Below you will find a series of resources to help you transition from 5th grade to 6th grade.
- First, we have created a Welcome video to introduce some of our staff and show you the campus. To watch the video, click the following link. https://youtu.be/rlG_3PXPl9M
- Look through the attached elective form to see the descriptions of the electives we offer. When you are ready, complete the google form to select your top three choices for electives. We will do our best to make sure you have one of your top three choices for one of the semesters of 6th grade. Please complete the form by March 19th. https://forms.gle/6UmkEAgoHgZCX7C17
- Incoming 6th graders should join our Google Classroom. There, you will find all of this information, as well as more information about John Muir. Students need to be logged into their BurbankUSD account. To join, go to your Google Classroom Homepage and enter the join code: gpu2afd.
- On Thursday, February 25th and Thursday, March 11that 6 pm, we will be hosting two live Q&A sessions for families on zoom. The zoom links for both will be posted on our website and emailed out the day before. If you have questions you would like answered during the Q & A, please submit them using the following google form. We will be answering previously submitted questions first. https://forms.gle/cSHxJMycb9cpPd7q8
Our hope is that after looking through this material, you are excited to become a Mustang. Our staff is Famous For Friendliness, so if there is anything we can do to help ease the transition to Middle School, please reach out.
Greg Miller, Ed.D.
John Muir Middle School
Burbank Unified School District
JMMS Distance Learning School Day Schedule
Monday & Wednesday
8:00 to 9:20
9:30 to 10:50
11:00 to 12:20
Tuesday and Thursday
8:00 to 9:20
9:30 to 10:50
11:00 to 12:20
45 minutes of live, virtual INSTRUCTION
35 minutes of live, virtual INTERACTION
Office Hours for Finish Strong Friday
8:30 to 9:30
9:00 to 10:00
9:30 to 10:30
10:00 to 11:00
10:30 to 11:30
11:00 to 12:00